Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Who am I? Why do I want to be an educator? What are my passions?

My name is Grace Hofer, I am a sophomore here at South Alabama studying Elementary education. I have grown up in the city of Mobile my whole life. I am a very quiet person who is not one to be in the spotlight, I strongly prefer to be behind the scenes. I love learning random facts about people. I am a huge fan of international travel which I have been blessed to do many times in the past. I love rainy winter nights, to most that sounds like the absolute worst but I find them quite peaceful. I absolutely adore the Christmas season, from the movies to the busy mall to the hot chocolate. I love all the things about Christmas! I am a horrid shopper, I get bored in a matter of minutes and always end up hungry. I am a fan of the summer Olympics, I do nothing but watch TV for the two weeks they are on (no shame).
Being from Mobile I grew up with the University a matter of minutes away from my house. With the University so close, it was a huge factor in my college options. My mother graduated from the University as well so my parents were thrilled when I became a student here. I have a twin sister who is also a student at USA, an older brother up at Alabama (roll tide) and a younger brother who is still in high school.
I chose to go into the College of Education because of the difference teachers can make in someones life. As weird as it sounds with the major I am going in, I actually grew up hating school. But if I was able to teach a child who could learn to enjoy learning, it would be as rewarding to myself as it would be the student. As well, like Peter Pan, I never want to grow up. This I feel would be great in the teaching field because it will be easy for me to get down to a students level of learning.
Below is a picture of when I was blessed to visit Switzerland. I chose this picture because I think it describes my passion of traveling. It is something I never want to stop doing The mountians in switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment